scriptingNews outline for 5/9/2000

Author:Dave Winer

Zope discovers a browser security hole

Zope.Org posts a security alert of concern to users of all Web applications, including Manila. We're studying it now.

We believe there is a way to work around it using the Referer attribute of an HTTP request. If you want to be safe, and you have a Manila site, either log off the site, or don't visit any sites that might not be friendly. I know that's not very helpful. We'll post more advice here as we figure it out.

Second line of defense, in your Manila site, in the Editors Only menu, click on Prefs, then Legal Tags. Make sure the