[SUGG] UserLand Style Guide

Author:Andrew Duncan
Posted:5/9/2000; 8:07:34 PM
Topic:[SUGG] UserLand Style Guide

Just a suggestion that UserLand puts together a Style Guide for Frontier scripts.

This would enable developers to submit code to UserLand in a ready-to-use format.

I'm thinking of bug fixes or feature implementations, which UserLand could use (or not) at their discretion, but which could be incorporated into the current distro with the least fuss and bother.

Code conforming to the style guide would, if nothing else, be easier for the UserLand folks to understand.

The style guide would describe the preferred formats for variable names, upper/lowercaseness, the layout of the various loop constricts, and so on.

It might also describe any other standard formats which UserLand think would be useful.

BTW, I don't have a specific script in mind for submission, or anything else up my sleeve; I happened yesterday to see a post on one of the DGs about how best to make a feature request, and today I was moving some books around and saw The Chicago Manual of Style, QED!