Re: Security holes, Law, and Control

Author:Steven Vore
Posted:5/10/2000; 11:20:21 AM
Topic:Security holes, Law, and Control

So I've got legal recourse if somebody destroys my data. I've also got legal recourse if someone breaks into my house and steals my property. In either case, I'm "damaged" for a while and I have to involve lawyers (and insurance agents, maybe). Should we not use the technology available to protect agains the unlawful act in the first place, be it a referrer field or a burgler alarm?