Re: My experiences writing Joel on Software

Author:Joel Spolsky
Posted:5/10/2000; 8:21:59 PM
Topic:My experiences writing Joel on Software

Ah yes, I just discovered that... using the discussion group listing to see the read count of each message. Interesting! (I hadn't tried that since I had turned off discussion groups... not to stifle discussion, by the way, but because it never occurred to me that enough people would read my site in the first place to justify discussion. As Humphrey Bogart puts it: "I was misinformed")

I think my Painless Software Scheduling article was the most popular.

I still think it would be very cool to have a "statistics" page for administrators with interesting reports: top referrers, most popular pages, etc.