Re: My experiences writing Joel on Software

Author:Joel Spolsky
Posted:5/10/2000; 8:29:42 PM
Topic:My experiences writing Joel on Software

Thanks for correcting me, Brett. I admit that I have become one of those lazy programmers who makes assumptions without reading the code :)

I am using IE5. I do get a toolbar with some formatting features but no actual menu. The formatting features are nice, but actually less important to me because I know enough HTML. What I'd really like to have on there is FIND (so that when I see a typo in a loooong article, I can find it again).

I'll try the idea with the DG... although to be truthful, I like the WYSIWYG environment of FrontPage a lot better for composing.

The Microsoft Web Browser Control with DHTML now has such good support for editing that it wouldn't be too hard to make a PIKE-LIKE word-processing (as opposed to outlining) editor... someone could probably whip one up pretty quickly. I wonder if there would be a big market for such a thing.