Re: Walking around amsterdam

Author:Michael Grinder
Posted:5/17/2000; 10:09:52 AM
Topic:Walking around amsterdam

> Also with the possible exception of any OS that takes security as a
> critical initial design point: <http://www.eros-os.org> being the most
> obvious current example.

In the terms of this particular discussion, security is only as good as it's default settings. Eros may have the best security available, but if one is not careful about permissions, etc, then the best possible security won't help. That's why OpenBSD has such a good reputation, they comb the code for problems and make sure the permissions, etc, are properly set.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, but, as far as I know, Eros is just barely bootable, so it can't be used for anything practical at this point.)