Re: ride the train

Author:Bryce

I didn't suggest actually stopping in Switzerland ;-) The train ride does offer a diverse range of scenery, from the perfectly manicured flatlands of Germany, to the beautiful mountain villages of Switzerland, to the vineyards of Italy.

Piazza del Duomo and the Naviglio market are wonderful places to start foot explorations of Milan. It amazes me that such beauty can exist in a city that I would otherwise describe as urban hell.

If you decide to check out the nightlife, informing the bouncers that you're an American travelling on business almost guarantees entry.

-Bryce

ps: Thanks for posting that great link to the Lonely Planet Guides!