Re: JIT-SE (Just In Time - Search Engine)

Author:Chip Vanek
Posted:5/19/2000; 12:20:23 AM
Topic:JIT-SE (Just In Time - Search Engine)

I am in complete agreement on your comments about just in time searching. Much of the existing web pages have aged well beyond the brown banana stage and need active pruning. Will you be encouraging your content providers to use a content aging tag?

The next step will be predictive and shared searching. We each have a doppelgänger and a twin online with opposing or similar search desires. The power of XML tagged data sources like yours and connective technologies like XML-RPC will enable true realtime searching. Even better it may open up real possibilities in effective web content creation. The next 18 months will see much of this a reality and improve the web for millions.

Best,

Chip Vanek