Re: Search Engine XML-RPC Interface

Author:André Radke
Posted:5/24/2000; 8:51:30 AM
Topic:Search Engine XML-RPC Interface

I'm trying to create a search engine in PHP/MySQL, that can talk with a Manila server via XML-RPC.

Excellent!

It seems that the indexing messaging interface is pretty well defined, but I can't find anything on the query interface. What message does Manila send when the user is searching for something?

None. Our current model is that the search page is hosted on the search engine server. We experimented with an XML-RPC interface for queries, too, but it turned out to add more overhead than we were willing to accept at that time.