Re: scriptingNews outline for 5/30/2000

Author:Gary Teter

You should take a look at Live365.com. They have a lot of great music there! And some really annoying stuff. Tons of stations. Kind of like EditThisPage for radio.

I have no idea how they expect to make money, but they will host a radio station for you for free. They've cut the appropriate deals with ASCAP or BMI (can't remember which, maybe both), so you're covered in that regard. And it's all their bandwidth, you just need to send a single feed to them and they'll fork it out to all your listeners.

My current faves are An Idiot's Delight ("for lovers of music, not genres"), Afternoon Nap 2.1, and Real Jazz from Radio Clambake. (These are direct URLs to the actual feed, so open it SoundJam or your favorite streaming mp3 player, not your web browser... sorry about that!)

The best part is, no commercials.... just good music selected by ordinary people who want to run a radio station. I look forward to adding DaveNetRadio to my bookmarks list. :-)