Re: A World Without Microsoft

Author:Tom Neff
Posted:6/8/2000; 6:12:18 PM
Topic:A World Without Microsoft

Actually, he could have continued to get more powerful for quite some time to come if he had been able to resist the temptation to misuse the power he already had.

Larry Ellison is now worth more than Gates, and nobody in the state or federal antitrust offices knows him from Regis Philbin.

There are companies that get big and powerful (or small and powerful) all the time without being broken up by the government. Microsoft did specific things to prompt this action, and the remedies are designed to fix specific things.

I might add that when it comes to server side playpens like Userland, if you want to stop using Macs that's fine, but you sure had alternatives to Windows. Personally I would have taken one of them.