Re: A World Without Microsoft

Author:David Carter-Tod
Posted:6/12/2000; 6:47:04 AM
Topic:A World Without Microsoft

For us, as soon as I can reliably read/write/print MS Office 97 files in any Linux-based application, and run CorelDraw under Linux, Windows is outta here.

This is why I think that file format transparency is about as important as anything else. Open Source is fine for programmers, but for most users, the ability to use whatever software they choose to work with their data is what really matters.

David