Re: Octopus and syndication

Author:Lawrence Lee
Posted:6/13/2000; 6:40:15 PM
Topic:Octopus and syndication

There was a long thread about this in this DG back in September 1999: Automated deep linking.

Another interesting thread off of this was from Mark Kennedy in November 1999: CallTheShots.com. Which is basically the same service as Octopus and QuickBrowse.com.

Dave on (an earlier thread to the one above) about CallTheShots:

"I got a briefing on this before they opened up the beta, and the dialog you get when you create the page is so onerous and one-sided, so clearly putting the liability on the user. I wonder why they got funded, it's such shaky ground."

<http://discuss.userland.com/msgReader$12937>

Octopus's Terms of Service:

<http://www.octopus.com/help/Becoming_a_Registered_User/What_are_the_Terms_of_Service_.htm>