Octopus and syndication

Author:Andrew Wooldridge
Posted:6/13/2000; 9:57:53 AM
Topic:Octopus and syndication

Wow, I just tried the new feature at Octopus.com where you can grab sections of other sites and accumulate them in a new location (one view which may grab from many sites). I hope this ability stays legal as this is part of what the web is all about (disseminating knowledge). Anyway - Imagine if octopus.com could get content and stories and stuff from weblogs.com and ETP. You could build your own view of the weblogs you like all into one place. (You can actually do this now, but it's more tedious. It would be nice of the xml feeds could feed into octopus's directory structure).

If you havent tried octopus, I'd recommend it - it's quite interesting. http://preview.octopus.com

You must have IE, but I'm hoping that this is something they will fix soon!

I just realized this: I could make the equivalent of my own "salon herring wired fool" out of this, and change it any time I wanted.