Napster-like apps

Author:Kiri
Posted:6/16/2000; 8:49:24 AM
Topic:Napster-like apps

Hi everyone, I'm a reporter for Forbes. Dave Winer thought you all might help me out on a story I'm writing on music apps. I ran across a website at http://opennap.sourceforge.net that lists a bunch of file sharing apps-- some of which presumably could be used to swap MP3s, etc.--and I was wondering how user friendly they are. I'm behind a firewall, besides being a technical moron, and probably couldn't make them work anyway. Has anyone tried any of these-- Gnutella, Freenet, etc.--to swap files and if so, how'd it go? If you haven't tried them, any volunteers? Any input most appreciated! Feel free to email me kblak@mail.com. Thanks.