Re: Frontier and Jabber

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:6/26/2000; 7:19:34 PM
Topic:Frontier and Jabber

It makes total sense.

Right now there are a lot of different ways to chat, they're all reasonably straightforward, and all different.

Is Jabber the one we should support?

I don't know enough about chat to know.

However, if there were a common SOAP or XML-RPC interface for chat, supported by one or more servers, we'd be happy to implement it. And we'd probably implement a server-side as well.

So whether it happens on its own or not depends on how the chat vendors perceive these relatively new technologies.