EditIt, CommentIt, Autonews, AddIt suite anyone?

Author:Jim Byrne
Posted:6/29/2000; 7:33:08 AM
Topic:EditIt, CommentIt, Autonews, AddIt suite anyone?

As some of you know I have written a number of different Frontier based cgi's to manage Web pages via a browser: EditIt to edit pages, CommentIt to add comment to the bottom of the pages,and Autonews for running a news page. I have a few more in the pipeline: AddIt for easy adding of new pages and addURL for running web based additions to Links pages.

That's the introduction, here's the question. Is anyone interested in helping me to turn these into a suite which can be downloaded as a package, with built in membership features, configuration from a menu etc?

Why would you need this when I've got the wonderfull Manilla you may ask. Here's a couple of reasons: any feature can be added to any page on an existing Web site, the programs are simple to use ( e.g just put {editIt()} in your page), pages with these cgi's can be served from a an ISP's server which is not your Frontier server.

I use these programs on many Web sites and have found them be extremely useful - and I know for sure that loads of people have downloaded and use EditIt. There must be loads of other folk who would be interested in using these cgi/macros. Is there an opportunity here?

I don't think this would be a real difficult, time consuming project - so get in touch if this has sparked even a bit of interest in you.

Links: EditIt: http://www.ispn.gcal.ac.uk/frontier/EditItMacro/EditIt2.html CommentIt: http://www.ispn.gcal.ac.uk/frontier/CommentIt/index.html Autonews: http://www.ispn.gcal.ac.uk/frontier/autoNews/index.html

Thanks, Jim