Choose your interface?

Author:Robert Black
Posted:6/29/2000; 11:37:59 AM
Topic:Choose your interface?

Now here's an interesting idea (out of the blue, and unsolicited)...

First, the new Themes feature is GREAT! Love it! But it's available to a site's master editor only. Next consider that a while ago someone clever worked out a scheme to let individual site users define their own colours in the prefs area.

What if this were taken to the next level, so that a site editor could offer a set (sub-set?) of available themes, which any user could select from? Wouldn't that be an interesting level of interface personalisation? Individaul interfaces generated on the fly.

Hairy to program I assume, but I think it would be very cool (if it could be done), and 'cool' is what gets people's attention.

What do you think? It's just an idea.

(FWIW, every time Frontier does something cool, it gets easier for me to convince clients to adopt it. It's frustrating when a technically superior solution is ignored due to ignorance, but then you demo something cool about it, and suddenly non-technical people are interested. Call it human nature. PS. the 60 day demo policy is a big help with this)