Feature proposal: Virtual folders in XML site structure

Author:Christoph Pingel
Posted:7/10/2000; 8:57:09 AM
Topic:Feature proposal: Virtual folders in XML site structure

One of the advantages of virtual paths in a Manila site is that you can build several ways to look at the same content: The path can be:
"zkm/artists/lintermann" or "zkm/institutes/vismedia/artists/lintermann" or "zkm/projects/lintermann", and so on.

This makes lots of sense, but it's getting tedious if I need to map hundreds of pages to *several* categories. So it would be handy to have a tag like:

This would just map a request like "zkm/kuenstler/penny" to "zkm/artists/penny", where "artists" is defined as a -tag.

Or is there a way to do this with shortcuts or another mechanism that I didn't think of?

Thank you in advance for any interesting proposals.
Christoph