Hertzfeld on CGI and RPC

Author:Wesley Felter

I think when Hertzfeld says CGI he means using plain HTTP to talk to some kind of server-side code, not the obsolete CGI API itself. So Manila, Slashdot, and pretty much all Web apps fall under that definition of CGI.

I find it interesting that he mentions moving code around, since so far Eazel and most of the other GNOME developers have had nothing to do with Java, and Java is the only marginally safe way to ship code around these days. Unless he's just talking about something like a souped-up apt. (I wish I knew where there was a good Web page describing apt.)