Cooper's article

Author:Jacob Levy
Posted:7/14/2000; 7:47:55 AM
Topic:Cooper's article

Dave

At least he didn't accuse me of taking payments from BillG or being part of the Great Microsoft Conspiracy that supposedly brought down OS/2. That's the favorite pastime of a nut job whose Web site reports on the goings-on in the world of technology, offering up a rare stew of fantasy and paranoia that would make a Lyndon LaRouche blush.

Over the years, this one author has made a particular habit of sending profane, misogynistic notes to female colleagues of mine just for good measure. Incredibly enough, this certain sociopath (sorry, no names) has also managed to land free-lance writing gigs with a few geeky journals. Perhaps that does speak volumes about the standards of certain print publications, but let's save that one for another day.

My reading of this is that the part about "sending profane, misogynistic notes" etc refers not to you but to the author of the website devoted to the OS/2 conspiracy theory.

Anyway, no names named, so I wouldn't get bent out of shape because of this slimeball. It's got flame-bait written all over it.