Re: the true old media blindness in the piece

Author:Tom von Alten

...Ballmer was great, and fatherly, and sweet....

I wasn't there, and have only seen Ballmer on videobites, others' interpretations and Pirates of Silicon Valley. So what do I know?

But the above description seems like it can only be a subjective impression. Maybe that's obvious, but the point about journalism is that your feelings about a speaker color what you hear. Cooper obviously has different feelings about Ballmer than you do, Dave, and each of us has our own long and complex expansion of "fatherly," for example.