What do you see? (A game.)

Author:Dave Winer

But the above description seems like it can only be a subjective impression

Of course it's subjective. I write for literate people with minds. When I say someone was "great" it goes without saying that other people might think he was "not great".

However, many people who were there were quite impressed with Ballmer, if only in contrast to the grim-ness of the other presenters. Look at this picture, Gates answering a reporter's question, Maritz and Muglia with their heads down as if they go through this experience every day and know that it isn't working.

Ballmer is more aware of the audience, doing the best he can (Gates is still his boss, even though he's CEO of the company, an awkward position for sure.) Rick Paluzzo, also aware of the audience, is listening attentively, as a cue to the rest of us.

A glimpse into the body-language of Microsoft. Their speaking coach can't hide this. Our eyes see it.

The game part

Now, that's what I see.

What do you see?

Possibly something different.