Re: Dave, heard any new music?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:7/15/2000; 9:31:14 AM
Topic:Dave, heard any new music?

I wish I had a list of non-commercial music, a database of songs which we can freely listen to along with Web writing.

Yesterday I took a guess that Gil Scot-Heron's Revolution is something that could be available freely, I thought it was a very appropriate thing to link to, as a toe-dip.

I really don't want to get sued by RIAA. I wish they would tell me how to do it, and we can pay money to listen to the songs we're (re)discovering.

I'm with Hatch on this, if you won't do it, let's do it for you.

BTW, I'm told that next week Microsoft will have some very big announcements in this area. I'm working on getting in the loop.