wscript / cscript performance

Author:dana brenneman
Posted:7/24/2000; 9:12:21 AM
Topic:wscript / cscript performance

The scenario is:

During walk throughs in class, we create some javascript files. We compile them using cscript outputting the results to the screen. It works well, and emulates one possible scenario in the development environment. The problem is that cscript takes control of the CPU and runs at 100% during the complitation and querying ( business objects ) process. We thought initially that it was CBO that was causing the resources to be exhausted. However we ran a test...just echoing 1 to 10000 to the screen. Still cscript ran the CPU to 100% during the compliation. Since we have 12 / 14 computers in the classroom...all running scripts on the server this is unacceptable performance. We ran 6 machines at one time that simply wrote from 1 to 10000 to the screen and it took better than 3 minutes for all 6 to complete.

Any idea why so many CPU resources are being used up??? Any system settings that I need to know something about?? Any other suggestions short of running the scripts on the client machine??

Thank you in advance for any input. It will be greatly appreciated.

Dana Brenneman Clarify eBusiness Applications Nortel Networks