Re: Just ran into the GIF patent extortion!

Author:Tom von Alten
Posted:7/24/2000; 10:15:39 PM
Topic:Just ran into the GIF patent extortion!

I doubt Unisys would care to come and get me, but when it came time to write my own graphics files (as opposed to "saving as" with apps that licensed from them), I switched to PNG. It works in both my v4.x browsers, at least.

Route around the damage. Do what it takes to use an open standard.