Re: Naming the new app

Author:Ralph Hempel
Posted:7/26/2000; 1:34:11 AM
Topic:Naming the new app

Just like I'd like to have a playlist editor, perhaps it'd be useful for organizing images or movies as well.

This has interesting and yet frightening extensions. I just bonked over to the obvious site <http://www.muzak.com/> and found out that these guys appear to be repackaging "elevator music" as marketing material. Check the site out, it's funny (geeky looking guys on the cover), and scary, with quotes like this from <http://www.muzak.com/message/l_bottom.htm>

Marketing On Hold®

Consider this: 7 out of 10 callers get put on hold. 7 out of 10. Take advantage of this to communicate valuable information directly to your target audience. The key, of course, is to deliver your message - whatever it is - in a way that is entertaining and persuasive. With Muzak's Marketing on Hold, you can do both. Our individually-crafted messages, mixed with brand-enhancing music, have been proven to reduce hang-ups up to 50% and boost sales nearly 20%. Sounds good, doesn't it?

Do we want radio.userland to make it easier for these guys :-) ? Or do we just want to make it easy to build a fun playlist for background office music? The possibilities are endless....

Cheers, Ralph Hempel