Re: The curse of Adobe (Upgrades)

Author:Samuel Reynolds
Posted:7/26/2000; 2:52:31 PM
Topic:The curse of Adobe (Upgrades)

I had the same problem with MS Office: I had 4.2.1, and had to upgrade to Office 98 because 4.2.1 died a hideous death on my new G4. But 4.2.1 is on floppies, and the G4 has no floppy drive. So...

I copied the floppies onto the HD on my UMAX clone as folders (not floppy images!), and copied them across the network to the G4, where the Office 98 installer found them with no problem. Then, after I installed Office 98, I burned the 4.2.1 floppy folders to a CD so I don't have to go through that again (!), and deleted them from the G4's HD.

I think I've done this with a couple of other apps, as well.

- Sam