Boycott the record industry?

Author:Jorge Arango
Posted:7/27/2000; 5:01:06 AM
Topic:Boycott the record industry?

boy·cott (boikt) v. tr. boy·cott·ed, boy·cott·ing, boy·cotts.

  1. To act together in abstaining from using, buying, or dealing with as an expression of protest or disfavor or as a means of coercion. See Synonyms at blackball.
  2. To abstain from or unite with others in abstaining from using, buying, or dealing with.

With the Internet, we (the Internet community) have the power to make the record industry under$tand that we want this distribution method. The 20 million-odd Napster users are passionate enough about this service to implement a significate boycott on the purchase of new music.

Any thoughts on how one would go about this?