Re: paying for music

Author:Jim Stegman
Posted:7/31/2000; 8:04:46 AM
Topic:paying for music

Think for a moment of how the industry would change if you got exactly what you wanted. (remember the adage, "be carefule what you ask for?")

Artists and the industry would change focus to create only the songs that "sold". Everyone would only work on potential "hits". I think we would lose alot in the process.

Television has gone through this I think. They've got it down to a science. Now the only thing that is on the tube is stuff that the majority will watch. I think everyone will agree that the quality of TV has gone down the gutter. The Network "News" is a joke. The filming of the truck that blew up, which was in fact staged by the network, is a prime example of how low they have gone in pursuit of eyeballs.