Re: paying for music

Author:Jim Stegman
Posted:7/31/2000; 1:57:30 PM
Topic:paying for music

Well said, Jonathan!

I'm sure many artists put alot of thought into what songs go into an album or CD. At least my favorite artist, Sting, seems to. A few days ago someone mentioned Pink Floyd's The Wall as another great example. In these cases I think the CD "package" works well, greater than the sum of the parts.

If individual MP3s totally replaced CDs I fear music as an art form would really suffer. I know my buying habits would change, so I presume most everyone else's would as well. (I would buy less, and I would only buy the toe-tapping "hits")

all she wanted was to go to Tower and plunk her money down for all the Back Street Boys (not much, because of exorbitant prices) that she could buy. So sad!

As far as the Backstreet Boys, well, what can I say? I've got a teenage girl too! As soon as she got interested in them, I bought her a bunch of great music, and she forgot about them, at least for the time being. Of course, your mileage may vary... ;-)