Re: Paying for software/price point

Author:Wesley Felter
Posted:7/31/2000; 6:33:10 PM
Topic:Paying for software/price point

If Userland went to the subscription model that many of us think the record companies should adopt, I wonder what kind of pricing point would be viable.

It looks to me like Frontier is already using a subscription model, at least for updates. The extreme subscription model, where your entire Web server disappears into a puff of smoke as soon as you stop paying, seems way too scary to work.