Re: Playlist software, etc.

Author:Tom Clifton

Help us out on this. We did a quick look at their interface, but it doesn't do what we need it to do. We need to be able to send it a song to play and have it either wait before returning or call back to us when the song is finished playing.

Why do you need the return call? If you use a streaming server, rather than an on-demand server, you would just have to send an open URL command to your mp3 player.

I did a quick hack of RU on Sunday to get it running on my mac. I replaced the responder with a streaming responder and then just sent an openURL appleEvent to SoundJam whenever I wanted to listen to the stream.

I would bet that you could do something similar with WinAmp.