Re: Playlist software, etc.

Author:Steven Vore

It sounds as though Tom thinks the RU server is streaming the file itself; my understanding is that it just sends the name to the player and the player finds the music itself, independant of the RU server.

Even so, does RU know the length of the song? If so, it could just send the name of the next song at the appropriate time. But this wouldn't let the user press a [next song] button in their player app, I guess.

Maybe we're all scratching our heads, trying to figure out just what this elephant is though we aren't really looking at it with eyes wide open yet.