Re: Playlist software, etc.

Author:Tom Clifton

We need to know when the song is finished so we can queue up the next song.

I guess that I am lost here. Don't you already have your queue? The responder can just walk through the queue and stream them out files sequentially (or randomly jump around in the queue).

Since the server is doing the streaming, it knows when on song finishes, it should able just to fire up the next song. There is no need for the player to tell it what the next song is.