Radio UserLand == Pike

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/3/2000; 7:50:56 AM
Topic:Whither Pike?

Love Radio Userland. Looking forward to using it when it comes to Mac. But also love Pike. I was going to deploy Pike among my interactive group as a way of providing easy formatting to non-tech users. The browser interface is great, but to get good formatting, you need to know some HTML.

Radio UserLand is Pike. We couldn't use the Pike name, as explained on the Pike site, because there is a scripting language with that name.

The dream is alive. In the rush to get Radio UserLand out, we didn't move some of the docs from the Pike site or redirect it. We will do both these things. I use Radio UserLand in exactly the same way I used Pike. It's the same software, but better.