Archive of UserLand's first discussion group, started October 5, 1998.
Re: Next survey: Are you an open source developer?
Author: Matthew Barger Posted: 8/23/2000; 7:30:45 AM Topic: Next survey: Are you an open source developer? Msg #: 19959 (In response to 19923) Prev/Next: 19958 / 19960
Dave and Eric,
How about breaking this survey into 3 parts: use of Open Source software, Open Source license choice, and patent issues.
How do you work with Open Source technologies?
- I create and distribute Open Source software.
- I use Open Source software in my solutions. (Example, using MySQL and PHP4 for web-apps)
- Both 1 & 2
- I do not use Open Source software.
(If you answer 1 or 3 please also answer questions 2 & 3)
What is the preferable licensing method for your Open Source software?
- OSI compatible license (MPL, etc.)
- BSD style license
- Artistic license
- Copyright statement only
- Without any license or copyright
As an Open Source developer do you believe in patents?
There are responses to this message:
- Re: Next survey: Are you an open source developer?, Dave Winer, 8/23/2000; 7:32:39 AM
This page was archived on 6/13/2001; 4:56:10 PM.
© Copyright 1998-2001 UserLand Software, Inc.