Re: Next survey: Are you an open source developer?

Author:Matthew Barger
Posted:8/23/2000; 7:30:45 AM
Topic:Next survey: Are you an open source developer?

Dave and Eric,

How about breaking this survey into 3 parts: use of Open Source software, Open Source license choice, and patent issues.

How do you work with Open Source technologies?

  1. I create and distribute Open Source software.
  2. I use Open Source software in my solutions. (Example, using MySQL and PHP4 for web-apps)
  3. Both 1 & 2
  4. I do not use Open Source software.

(If you answer 1 or 3 please also answer questions 2 & 3)

What is the preferable licensing method for your Open Source software?

  1. GPL
  2. OSI compatible license (MPL, etc.)
  3. BSD style license
  4. Artistic license
  5. Copyright statement only
  6. Without any license or copyright

As an Open Source developer do you believe in patents?

  1. Yes
  2. No