Re: Baggage

Author:William Crim
Posted:8/23/2000; 2:19:53 PM
Topic:Next survey: Are you an open source developer?

They made the term "Open Source" because "Free Software" had so much baggage. :-) Its a vicious circle.

I like the Spanish words... "Software Libre" or something like that.

It is funny to have a whole movement based around a single ambiguous English word. Though I guess it sounds better than "Liberty Software" which makes we want to go buy War Bonds. :-P