Linux news sites & weblogs

Author:Eric Kidd
Posted:8/23/2000; 9:18:53 PM
Topic:Another key question

The people who ignore the gatekeepers, are there any weblogs for that community beyond SlashDot?

News Sites

I get my Linux news from the following sites. They're not exactly weblogs, but they're certainly more adult-oriented than Slashdot:

Linux Weekly News: A good, unbiased web site with a daily news feed. They don't publish very much editorial content, but their news stories are careful and fair.

Freshmeat: Software releases with the occasional editorial. I love seeing the new software scroll by. :-) Unfortunately, they've been suffering from server glitches for the last few days.

You can find lots of weblogs on the Linux Weekly News site. Look in the lefthand column of their daily news page.

Weblogs

Some individual developers have weblogs, too. RedHat has one on the RHAD site. Alan Cox and his wife have matching pair of weblogs.

Browsing though these weblogs, I noticed something curious. Most open source developers talk about code, not about politics. Hmm. ;-)

Cheers,
Eric