Re: scriptingNews outline for 8/24/2000

Author:John Callender

Ralph Levian wrote:

Dave is asking questions here that have well known answers. He could choose to simply and quietly find out the answers, but instead he is posting inflammatory and incorrect statements. This might be a good thing - it's well known that inflammatory statements foster more discussion than carefully reasoned argument. But he's asking like he's asking difficult, controversial questions.

In response, you characterized him as someone "who kind of ripped me a new asshole".

?

I realize that your actual response in the DG, and his response back to you, were much more civil than that, but it seems odd to me that after saying you were going to ignore his statement, you chose to highlight it this way in ScriptingNews. It seems like an unfair characterization to me.

John