Re: A softer GPL?

Author:Ken MacLeod
Posted:8/24/2000; 9:06:33 AM
Topic:A softer GPL?

Here are some of the choices for licenses:

There's already "softer GPLs": LGPL, Artistic, Original BSD, MIT, X, and new BSD.

Losing the hype, the GPL and LGPL let me say "I'm giving you the fruits of my labor and I demand you do the same if you use my code." If anyone doesn't want to make that demand, lighter licenses will suffice just fine.