Re: Confiscation

Author:Mark A. Hershberger
Posted:8/25/2000; 1:03:09 PM
Topic:A softer GPL?

If I use one line of your code and combine it with tens of thousands of my own, I am still compelled to give all of my work away.

I thought copyright law was clear that this is "fair use" and no license was in place. But, IANAL.

This is forced forfeiture,

Ha!

No one forced you to use code covered by the license. You have a choice. If you choose to use the code, then the only person forcing you is you.