Re: irrelevance

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/27/2000; 9:01:52 AM
Topic:irrelevance

Good. Let's take the barriers down, and preserve diversity and user choice. In this way Raymond and his friends are just like they say Microsoft is. Not surprising, usually when someone points a finger they're telling you about themselves, not the person that's being pointed at. If you believe this, then doom and gloom is the next thing on Raymond's plate. But I'm not god, just a barking farting chihuahua, so I have no idea what's actually coming for him, or me. Rambling again. One more thought. I've noticed that when I say "We won" the next thing that happens is I learn that we didn't. There's no victory and no defeat. I wish we could evolve above that. And judging from the survey results, it's quite possible that we have. If the respondents are really Unix developers, most of them don't hold Raymond's view of the Mac, its users and developers. There's hope.