Re: cam?

Author:Ken MacLeod
Posted:8/29/2000; 9:35:17 AM
Topic:cam?

I recently got chided for a very similar thing, mentioning "my daughter" in relation to the relative ease of introducing someone to XML Namespaces. Their point was "Being at ease with technology is not age related." Of course I agree with that. I mentioned my daughter only conversationally. I could have just as easily said, "I was working with [someone] recently and needed to introduce namespaces to [them] for some similar stuff. [...]" and my intent would have been the same.

Notably, since the thread got sidetracked about my daughter, there was no substantive answer to the real question: Why are XML Namespaces difficult for some? Is it the concept, a lack of support in the tools available to some people, or complex usage (bad examples) of it in some specifications?