Re: respect vs. disrespect

Author:Duncan Smeed

Seth, I didn't want you to think I was being disrespectful ;-)

But on a serious note I agree with your definition of respect. Some of the people I most disagree with also have my deepest respect. On a similar note I always encourage my students to question what I, and others say and do and not to necessarily accept conventional wisdom. I used to think that all the questions they asked were due to the fact that couldn't understand my subject. Now I realise they were just being extremely respectful ;-)

Duncan