Re: Judaism, Fiddler on the Roof, and Humanity

Author:Larry Yudelson
Posted:8/29/2000; 1:55:25 PM
Topic:Judaism, Fiddler on the Roof, and Humanity

Let me clarify -- I didn't say that IP was a Western tradition opposed to Judaism. It was a concept developed outside of Judaism, that first began to penetrate Rabbinic circles in the 19th century.

At the same time, remember that the notion of IP -- according to the book my rabbi friend cited (MIT Press, perhaps?) -- was originally a question of authorship and attribution, not one of corporate property rights.