Re: Judaism, Fiddler on the Roof, and Humanity

Author:Seth Gordon
Posted:8/29/2000; 2:05:28 PM
Topic:Judaism, Fiddler on the Roof, and Humanity

For example, I think that the torah had more to do with cultivating the seeds of Abraham than it did with filling a consumer demand. Writings used for non-profit purposes tend to be most valuable when they are widest spread. Judaism was the first deliberately viral thought-construction, and the writings were simply vectors to transmit the thoughts.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this, and I hope you're not confusing certain varieties of Christianity (which have a mandate to proseletyze built into the religion) with Judaism (which doesn't).