Re: XML Namespaces difficulty

Author:Fredrik Lundh
Posted:8/30/2000; 10:06:38 AM
Topic:cam?

here's one example, from WebDAV (RFC 2518):

23.4.2 Meaning of Qualified Names

WebDAV compliant XML processors MUST interpret a qualified name as a URI constructed by appending the LocalPart to the namespace name URI.

followed by the following examples, which are all semantically identical:

      Johnny Updraft

Johnny Updraft

Johnny Updraft

I mailed James Clark about this one, and he told me that the namespace specification doesn't really care -- it's all up to the application to figure out how to interpret the (namespaceURI, localname) combo.