Re: Want to tell the list?

Author:Dave Winer

You can be sure that I won't come out with a spec called RSS-anything. If one happens, I hope to participate in its development, in a helpful non-central way, and to not stand in the way of any consensus that develops. As far as I'm concerned the RDF-Namespace fork should not in any way be seen as a block to future work on RSS evolving from the 0.91 form. If you call it RSS 1.0, you have to explain at some point why it's the legit fork. That's why you're getting so much pushback right now. Change the name, and no one is going to care what you do. (That might be the problem.) I think we've pretty much exhausted this today. I know I am exhausted. I'm going to spend the rest of the day hiking, eating BBQ and swimming. Have a nice day.