Re: Want to tell the list?

Author:Aaron Swartz

Fine with me -- I just think that if you do work on Really Simple Syndication, it should have a different name to acknowledge that you're changing the purpose of the format. That's all. I don't see us as changing the purpose, so I don't see a need to change the name. However, if you do come out with another proposal called RSS 1.0, perhaps there will be a need to change the name, to prevent confusion.